EVENT ENDORSEMENT REQUIREMENTS (ver3)
In order to be deemed TASO-endorsed, event promoters are required to cater to the basic needs of every player. These requirements set a baseline standard as to why TASO-endorsed events can be considered safe, prepared, and community-oriented. Players can value and rely on these expectations being in place, and the organizers can reference this document as a checklist to ensure smooth logistics, as well as take advantage of TASO support.
Please contact the regional Director in your area to establish endorsement status for your event. An event is not endorsed until this contact is made and requirements below are met.
- Event announced no later than 90 days prior to event date. This allows players time to plan as well helps organizers from having conflicting dates with other events.
- For events with 50+ players, minimum of three full-time staff (one dedicated to gameplay and two dedicated to safety adherence/questions/issues) during gameplay.
- Staff must use reliable radios and be accessible at all times. (TASO has (2) 5W radios available, for staff use only, if organizer needs them. Contact your regional Director for arrangements.)
- Toilet facilities
- One per every 50 attendees
- Provisions for half gallon per attendee. Players of course are required to bring their own water supplies.
- Staff must have capability to reach emergency services. Cellphone is acceptable provided dependable reception is verified beforehand.
- Basic First Aid Kit
- A basic kit needs to be made available by staff. (TASO has a basic first-aid kit available at organizer's request.)
- Event Web Site
- Forums posts do not suffice. (As a benefit to organizers, page hosting for TASO-endorsed ops can be set up here. In addition, team forums can be set up on the TASO site. An example can be seen here. Contact your regional Director for info.)
- Detailed directions to AO from major highways/landmarks
- Local hotel locations and potential camping accommodations
- TASO ROE linked, not copied, to TASO site
- TASO COC linked, not copied, to TASO site
- Special event rules posted (ex. medic rules, uniform requirements, smoke/pyro rules, lowered muzzle energy rules, etc…), if applicable
- Registration information
- Items included with registration
- Registration restrictions (i.e. age, cut-off dates, etc…)
- Specific field info
- Contact method for any questions that may arise (email, phone number, forums, etc…the method at organizer's discretion)
- Event schedule and timeline, including any special notes on player loadout needs (ex. Need to carry all meals/gear on the field, no breaks, etc.)
- Parking information
- List of onsite vendor support, if applicable
- Acknowledgement of all sponsors in a fair manner. (TASO can assist with sponsor contact as needed per organizer's request)
- Food accommodations onsite, if applicable. List of nearby food accomodations, if applicable
- Scenario background and outline so that players can plan mission-specific loadout needs
- Staffed chronograph station(s) and mandatory chronograph check prior to event
- Refer to TASO chronograph procedure here. TASO representation to help run chrono pit will be made available as schedule permits. (TASO has a minimum of (1) radar chronograph available if organizer requests it. TASO will assist with other chronograph needs as requested. Contact your regional Director for arrangements.)
- Safety briefing
- All players must attend
- TASO ROE explained briefly. TASO representation for this will be made available as schedule permits.
- TASO COC explained briefly. TASO representation for this will be made available as schedule permits
- Event special rules explained
- Q/A time
- TASO ROE enforced by staff.
- TASO COC enforced by staff.
- TASO patches made available - These are offered at cost to the players. Arrangements made with the regional Director to ensure they are available.
copyright © 2008 Texas Airsoft Organization, all rights reserved